Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day!

Actually, more like "icy rain/snow mix day" - but hey, who's complaining?  And even luckier - the school district where I teach and the school districts where my kids attend school were ALL cancelled so we all get an unexpected day off.  So welcome this time of year!  I am hoping to finish the book I am reading, grade a bunch of essays, knit a bit, and make some soup and bread.  Items one, three, and four sound much more appealing than item number two.  I must be disciplined!
Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes
I am just finishing Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes.  I have read a couple of her other books - Sushi for Beginners, and Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married.  Funny and serious at the same time, and usually with some kind of an unexpected twist.  Okay... if I grade one essay, then I can keep reading. Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment