Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's a Jungle Out There

First of all, August is going WAY TOO FAST.  July kind of just rolled by, slowly, peacefully, joyfully, like a lazy river.  August is flying by, quickly, madly, anxiously, like a running rapids.  What the heck?  It has been a great summer.  It seems like ages ago that I drove out east with the Oldest Son in June, eons ago that the family all congregated on the beach for 4th of July weekend, light years ago that we all played on Burt Lake up north in the second week of July.  Now, time is moving at light speed.  It is already August 9 and I don't know what happened to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8.  I am freaking out!  Tomorrow, I have an all day meeting at school.  8:30 to 3:00.  Inside.  Under flourescent lights.  I don't think I am ready.  It is supposed to be an absolutely gorgeous day tomorrow (of course, it couldn't have rained like it did on Saturday and Sunday...).  I will probably have to run outside every hour just to stick my face in the sun so I don't get inside-poisoning! ha ha  Okay, so I am being a little dramatic, but I just don't feel like starting yet!

The weather has been super hot and muggy around here.  The plants on my deck have gone insane.  It looks like a jungle.




Obviously the pots with the sweet potato vines and petunias are annuals and will be done late fall, but the others are my houseplants that I moved outside for the summer.  They are loving this weather.  That fern in the second picture has tripled in size - it is man-eating!  I don't know where I will put them this winter, but I will find room.  They will remind me that summer will come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment